What’s the ROI of content marketing?
This is the question that always follows a request to burn some marketing budget on content. Gary Vaynerchuk likes to jokingly counter this question with What’s the ROI of your mother.
Unlike direct response marketing, measuring content marketing is complicated. So it’s not surprising that more than a few B2B marketers are hesitant to double down on content. However, when done right, content can have an exponential payoff.
Our friends at Point Visible looked further into B2B and B2C practices in 2017. They created a beautiful infographic showcasing content trends and expectations for 2017. These are some of the highlights we found most interesting and talked about in the office.
Content Marketing Obstacles for B2B Marketers
- Only 22% of B2B marketers feel very successful with content marketing.
- 38% of B2B marketers feel their content marketing efforts have stagnated, year over year.
- 11% of B2B marketers aren’t yet using content marketing.
- 63% of B2B marketers have no documented strategy or plan. They’re winging it.
- 66% of B2B marketers aren’t sure if their efforts help their company’s content marketing goals. [Sounds like tracking issues.]
Stored Potential for Content Marketing
- Long form blog posts generate 9x more leads than short form blog posts.
- 70% of potential customers would rather learn more about a company through an article than an advertisement.
- 68% of consumers feel more positive about a brand after consuming it’s content.
- 4x as many consumers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it.
- Blogs and search engine marketing were considered the top channels to create and promote content.
- Social media was voted the 2nd most import channel to create and distribute content on.
- Surprisingly, most B2B marketers don’t don’t have a lot of confidence in infographics.
Infographic for B2B & B2C Content for 2017
Content Marketing Infographic is provided by Point Visible