In our fifth episode, Jason Widup, Metadata’s VP of Marketing and today’s guest host, talks category creation with one of the marketers responsible for seeing Tableau through the company’s most dramatic period of growth, and another who led Gong to category dominance. Panelists for this episode include:
- Elissa Fink, former CMO of Tableau and CMO advisor, and instrumental in creating the Business Analytics category.
- Udi Ledergor, CMO of Gong and instrumental in creating the Revenue Intelligence category.
Or watch the video
You’ll walk away from this episode with an understanding of:
- How Gong leveraged its own pain to make the lives of marketers everywhere a whole lot less painful.
- The surprising reality of what it means for your revenue when competitors pop up in your space.
- Why sometimes being ranked last in your current category isn’t a bad thing.
The first big category creation success wasn’t a story of a startup–it was De Beers diamonds back in the 1950s. Find out how, 70 years later, marketers can still learn from their wildly successful “unbranded” category promotion.